Barry Ritholtz wrote an insightful post quoting Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City President Thomas Hoenig, who warns that the nation’s biggest banks are putting the U.S. capitalist society at risk . Big banks oppose capitalism.
Mazuma Mobile buys used mobile phones . They can send a post-pack to ship your old mobile to them. This is good for the environment and also saves some money.
Cory Doctorow has written an informative article for The Guardian about the BBC DRM plans. He received information that was denied in a FOI request which shows how poor the BBC case is and how bad the Ofcom oversight is.
Sam Harris has written an insightful blog post about self-defense . He also has many other posts that are worth reading.
-  http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/06/hoenig-capitalism-at-risk/
-  http://www.salon.com/2011/10/22/a_remaining_realm_of_american_excellence/singleton/
-  http://www.mazumamobile.com.au/
-  http://wildcard.gnubies.com/?p=1433
-  http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/nov/14/bbc-hd-drm
-  http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-truth-about-violence/
-  http://www.ted.com/talks/aparna_rao_high_tech_art_with_a_sense_of_humor.html