The Reid Report has an article about the marriage pledge that Michelle Bachmann signed which implies that slavery wasn’t so bad . Greg Carey has written an interesting article for the Huffington Post about marriage and the bible , I always knew that the so-called “conservatives” weren’t basing their stuff on the Bible, but the truth surprised me.
Geoff Lemon has written an interesting blog post about the carbon tax debate in Australia . He focuses on how small it is and how petty the arguments against it are.
Lord Bacon wrote an interesting list of the top 100 items to disappear first in a national emergency . Some of them are specific to region and climate but it is still a good source of ideas for things to stockpile.
Markus Fischer gave an interesting TED talk about the SmartBird that he and his team built . A flying machine that flaps it’s wings isn’t that exciting (my local department store sells toys that implement that concept), but having one closely match the way a bird’s wings work is interesting.
-  http://blog.reidreport.com/2011/07/oh-sweet-jesus-bachmann-signed-a-pledge-saying-black-kids-were-better-off-as-slaves/
-  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-carey/bible-weddings_b_887979.html
-  http://heathenscripture.wordpress.com/2011/07/14/you-shut-your-goddamn-carbon-taxin-mouth/
-  http://baconreport.blogspot.com/2007/07/top-100-items-to-disappear-first-during.html
-  http://www.ted.com/talks/a_robot_that_flies_like_a_bird.html