The New York Times has an interesting article about “hacker hostels” . I had an idea for similar things after watching a Japanese movie about Tokiwa-sō – a shared apartment for Manga artists which among others inspired the creator of Astro Boy .
The TED blog has an interesting interview with William Noel about open access to art and historical data . Most of his talk concerns an Archimedes codex which has been recovered and published on the Internet. He advocates publishing all manner of art and historical data under a Creative Commons license.
The education system is often criticised for trying too hard to make children feel successful and not teaching them skills needed to be successful, it seems that the US military fails the same way in it’s war games .
Webroot.com published an interesting article last year about the first BIOS rootkit in the wild . I really wish that they would design motherboards with a switch to enable BIOS writing which would default to “off”. I recently did a poll at a LUG meeting and found that only half the audience had updated the BIOS on most systems they owned, if the most technical people generally don’t need a dangerous feature then it should probably be disabled by default.
Matthew Wright wrote an interesting article about the costs of upgrading the electricity grid in Australia vs the costs of upgrading air-conditioners . It seems that it would be a lot cheaper for the government to buy everyone a new air-conditioner than to upgrade the grid.
Owl City has a post of 10 Myths About Introverts . That could probably be titled 10 Myths About Aspies and still be correct.
-  http://tinyurl.com/d8h3pxs
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokiwa-sō
-  http://blog.ted.com/2012/05/29/the-wide-open-future-of-the-art-museum-qa-with-william-noel/
-  http://www.overcomingbias.com/2012/05/war-games-are-fake.html
-  http://blog.webroot.com/2011/09/13/mebromi-the-first-bios-rootkit-in-the-wild/
-  http://beyondzeroemissions.org/media/newswire/short-circuiting-electric-price-shock-120607
-  http://owlcityblog.com/2011/06/27/10-myths-about-introverts/
-  http://blog.ted.com/2012/06/15/its-ok-to-eat-alone-qa-with-susan-cain/