Gunnar Wolf has written an interesting post about the current situation in Egypt, which includes references to Israel (where he lived for a few years) and Mexico (where he has spent most of his life) .
Gunnar included a copy of Mohammed Sameer’s blog post on the topic , which is a good idea as we can’t rely on Mohammed’s post remaining online.
I hope that the end result of this is a democratically elected government that respects human rights and offers fair trials to people accused of crimes and humane punishments those found guilty. It would be ideal if the transition could happen in a way that involves little violence and no interruptions to the food supply etc.
Update: Chris Samuel provided some information on free PPP access in other countries for people in Egypt . This will probably be of short-term use as the Egypten regime will probably cut International phone access too.
-  http://gwolf.org/blog/echoing-mohammed
-  http://foolab.org/node/7892
-  http://blog.reidreport.com/2011/01/egypt-in-chaos-elbaradei-reportedly-under-
-  http://www.csamuel.org/2011/01/29/ppp-dialups-for-people-in-egypt-egypt-jan25
-  http://blog.liw.fi/posts/egypt-blocks-comms/